Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Overall Health, Men's Health

Zero Carb Keto

Overall Health, Men's Health

I am already completely convinced of the health improvements for females on the carnivore diet. For me, it has been a total life-changer! No more gut pain, clear healthy skin, no more pain or hassle related to hormones or menses, constant level energy and focus. And easy to maintain 14% bodyfat at age 46!

I was exploring some more nutrition concepts yesterday related specifically to men's health. Men can very much gain from a zero carb / carnivore diet! Eating a grassfed beef or lamb based carnivore diet can greatly improve insulin levels, testosterone, and nitric oxide levels for blood flow.

I also saw there might be a good reason to occasionally branch out from just grassfed ruminant meat. Astaxanthin is a nutrient which can provide many benefits to both men and women. It can boost male fertility, and also provide other health benefits to the heart, brain, eyes, skin, endurance and performance, and for help with inflammation. Here are some articles on astaxanthin:

So it could be helpful, and fun for variety, to include some wild caught salmon, trout, shrimp, crab, crayfish, or lobster on a weekly basis, to provide some astaxanthin! And definitely eat the skin on the salmon and trout for the needed fat, since otherwise fish and shellfish are too lean for a ketogenic ratio. I have been bringing along compostable BioBags to the fish counter and just ask them to put it in there to not use plastic. Or another option is to bring in your own glass containers!

And of course, there are other important components for men's and women's health: proper amounts of good, restful sleep, some time in wild land, some exposure to sunlight, some physicality, some time with animals, eating only to about 80% fullness, challenging and engaging hobbies, and avoidance of chemicals, radiation, and toxins (including alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine), and plastics.

Avoiding plastic is very, very difficult, I am finding! One has to be creative to find plastic-free options for food, toiletries, clothes, and linens.

For meat, I order canned grassfed beef from a farm in a neighboring state, and also bring my compostable BioBags to the local fish and meat counter.

For toiletries, I use locally made bars of soap packaged just in paper, and washing soda (in a cardboard box) or bulk herbs for my hair. I use Artisana coconut oil packaged in a glass jar with a paper seal as a moisturizer for body, hand, and face. I discontinued using any kind of makeup at all, or hair dye or styling products.

For clothes, you can find 100% cotton, silk, wool, or hemp clothes, underclothes, bras, and lingerie/nightwear. It's not easy, but it is possible! It is hard because many clothes contain a percentage of spandex (elastane) or elastic. I have not tried this company yet, but they have a line of elastic free clothes and underclothes:
https://www.rawganique.com/elastic-free-organic-cotton-linen-hemp-products-s/234.htm

I have also been able to find 100% wool and linen coverlets. I sleep much, much more comfortably now! I highly recommend this wonderful linen blanket:
https://www.sofiaslinen.com/shop/large-pure-linen-blanket.html

Ideally, the fibers in contact with your skin should only be natural colors or dyed with natural dyes.

I replaced my flooring at home with sustainably harvested maple and cork. My furniture is Amish made solid cherry wood, and leather sofa and chairs. I clean the house with just diluted vinegar, Bon Ami, and a broom and dustpan. I use only ceramic or metal cookware and food containers.

And even after all that, I realized yesterday that I type with my hands and wrists resting on a plastic computer keyboard all day long, 12 hours a day! And interestingly my fingers and wrists are where my vitiligo spots started! (Vitiligo is white patches of skin.) But, there are actually some options for wooden computer keyboards! Who knew?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792CLSM7/ref=psdc_1194464_t2_B003VOOOKY

I realized that my plastic eyeglasses (and I have worn plastic eyeglasses since eight years of age) rest in the same areas where I have developed white hair patches too. Could be coincidental. But interesting to ponder! Other options are real horn eyeglasses, and wood ones:
https://pennavenueeyewear.com/buffalo-horn
https://woodies.com/products/wood-prescription-eyewear-frames

So there are many facets to overall health, besides the wonderful advantages to the zero carb / carnivore diet!


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts