Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto carnivore: Fatty Red Meat But Not Too Fatty

I'm happy that my weight has started going back down again. I had accidentally gone hypothyroid because of eating high-protein. Now that I've gone back to high-fat it's turned around. So that's great. My weight is going down about a quarter pound a day. I'm restricting calories to about a little over half of what I usually do. For now, till I get back to my regular weight.

I have been making sure to eat fatty red meat. Poultry and pork and dairy just don't work for me unfortunately. Fatty red meat is great but I have to be careful about the fat. Too much fat and I get intestinal cramping and diarrhea. So there's a happy medium there. I have been eating wagyu beef steak and that has been great. I had also gotten some beef sweetbreads from a local farmer but that was too fatty. Maybe if I had it along with something leaner that would be okay.

I've also been trying to get more sleep. I'm going to bed earlier. Since I automatically wake up pretty early.

It's nice to have turn around the thyroid problem! I will need to figure out cheaper way to eat than just wagyu beef. I think pemmican will work and fattier cuts of lamb.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts