Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: MTHFR Mutation; Accidentally Eating Too Lean

I was reading about the MTHFR gene mutation. I have it, heterozygous on one gene. The theory is that it may make a person less able to process B vitamins. However, I eat liver regularly. I also have checked my folate levels since being carnivore and they are good. I had homocysteine checked prior to carnivore diet and it was fine then. So I will just continue to eat beef, lamb, or goat liver regularly (as well as all the organ organ meats that I enjoy) and not worry about it.

In other news, I have been getting some foot cramps lately. I think I am eating too lean.

So I have been reserving my mutton and goat fat from the slow cooker. When I eat liver, I add that to it. But maybe not enough. I might get a grinder for the liver, and really get good amounts of fat added to make a nice paté.

When I eat kidney, I eat it with sweetbreads (pancreas and thymus) for the fat. So I know I get enough fat in that meal.

I also just got some more beef tendon, with which I made aspic. I need to add fat to that for sure! I grated a bunch of fat on top of the aspic. Works great, and looks like parmesan cheese!

I have really been enjoying all of these organ meats for the variety, nutrition, and low cost!

I have given up the ballet Barre for now because of the foot cramping.

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts