Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Getting Enough Fat

Last month I had ordered a whole grassfed lamb share and that lasted me about 5 weeks. It was great, because lamb is naturally high enough in fat that no extra fat is needed to keep a good ratio for ketosis! It is also very delicious and savory. Almost herbal flavored! However, now that I am out of lamb, I have had to go back to beef.

I took a beautiful trip out to the countryside yesterday and picked up some beef from my local farmer. Grassfed beef is rather lean anyway, so it can be really hard to find fatty cuts. I picked up a brisket with some fat on it, though not nearly as much as there should be. Processors now trim off much needed fat! It's a sad state of affairs. It used to be that briskets, loins and roasts would have a big thick fat cap on them!

I also picked up beef tongue, which is good fat ratio on its own as well. I am also going to try ground veal, to see if that might be fatty enough. Ground beef is definitely not fatty enough on its own! And I picked up some oxtail, which can have some nice fat on it. I picked up some veal kidneys as well, although not high in fat, are extremely nutrient dense organ meats! And I picked up some good pastured eggs. I try not to eat eggs very often, as I think poultry in general is not good for me, but occasionally seems to be tolerable.

It is going to be another month or so till I can get my second whole lamb share. Hopefully I can find enough fatty beef cuts to last till then!

Grassfed beef chuck roast with sea salt




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts