Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Benefits of Correct Fat/Protein Ratio

Zero Carb Keto

Benefits of Correct Fat/Protein Ratio

I have been feeling much better since upping my fat intake back to around 70% fat calories / 30% protein calories. The main benefit is that I no longer have hunger. There is a slight reminder here and there that maybe I could eat something, but it is nothing like the hunger that carb eaters get, or the hunger I got on a higher protein diet (45% fat / 55% protein).

There are other benefits too of having that ideal 70 / 30 fat/protein ratio. One is that it seems to help stave off foot cramps for me. When I eat too lean meats, I start getting nighttime foot cramps. I guess the higher protein creates a different electrolyte ratio.

Another benefit is the steady energy level all day. With high protein (or high carb), there can be a crash after eating making one very sleepy. But that does not happen on high fat!

Another benefit is perfect digestion. When the fat / protein ratio is just right, digestion and bowel movements are easy. Very different from my days of trying to eat carbs / fiber!! I can't believe that nutritionists are still trying to tell people to eat more fiber. What terrible advice!

One very excellent benefit is steady moods and brain function. When the fat intake is at that perfect ratio, the brain just sails along effortlessly and I feel no mood swings like I would with carbs or high protein. I feel like a fighter pilot - as if I can take on anything and stay unfazed. Now that's a great benefit!

Also the nutrition is perfect when the fat levels are correct, since so many vital nutrients such as fat-soluble vitamins are in the fat! That is where the most easily and highly absorbable nutrients are!

So all in all, it is definitely worth it for me to seek out mutton, since mutton is naturally in that perfect 70/30 fat/protein ratio and is also so environmentally sustainable as well! My case of tushonka mutton should arrive later today, can't wait!


Comments

  1. Hi Mellie. It has been very interesting reading your blog. There is so much I have been learning. Thank you for doing the experimentation for the rest of us. Where do you buy the tushonka mutton? I would like to try some. Also, are you still purchasing the canned beef? Where did you get it? I don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry for the late response, Blogger wasn't notifying me of comments. I buy the tushonka mutton from a Russian grocery online. It works well for me, even though it has a a bay leaf and some peppercorns in it. I just take them out. I am no longer purchasing the canned beef because it is too lean for me and I was getting foot cramps because of that. I was getting it from a farm in Ohio.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts