Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Whole Calf Share?

I have gone through my whole lamb share and it worked out really well for me! It was more economical than buying it cut by cut, and I was able to specify how I wanted it processed and which organ meats I wanted. However, there are no whole lambs available right now. I have put deposits down on two more, but in the meantime I was trying to think of other good fatty meats so I don't have to have added fat on the side.

Added fat on the side is difficult if one does not eat dairy. The only really palatable option I have found is roasted bone marrow. However, it is quite expensive and hard to get, so it is only available in very small amounts.

So instead I have just been trying to find really fatty cuts that do not need any additional fat on the side.

I try to avoid pork and poultry, although pork is very fatty on its own, because I believe they cause inflammation for me.

Lamb was perfect, because almost all cuts of lamb are fatty enough to be a ketogenic ratio on their own with nothing else needed!

But since that is not an option right now, instead I picked up some fatty beef cuts like tongue and oxtail from my local grassfed farmer. I also purchased some ground veal to try.

The ground veal was great! Very succulent and juicy! So I think it will be much better and fattier to use than beef! Which got me to thinking that maybe it would be possible to do a whole calf share like the whole lamb share!

I will look into it and report back to see if that might work! That would be great!

Grassfed beef oxtail with sea salt


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts