Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Appreciating Variety Meats

Goodness, I had the most amazing beef tongue yesterday from my favorite grassfed beef rancher. So tender, with incredible flavor, and the melted fat looked like liquid gold! Just incredible!

I have really been enjoying the variety meats I have been eating lately. Beef tendon, gently slow cooked all night in water, with a side of slow cooked beef sweetbreads (pancreas and thymus) makes the most amazing breakfast! Beef heart and kidney are delightful, tasty additions of variety to a mini crock full of succulent mutton! And the aspic from the beef tendon cooking liquid is a great, refreshing snack. Beef knuckle also has some wonderful tendon on it too. 

I wish I had a source for beef testes. I really enjoy lamb testes. I also want to try cow udder. I wonder if any of the ethnic grocery stores might have it!

In other news, I have gone back to using locally made goat milk and lard soap on my body, but I am still using diluted vinegar on my face and hair. I now have a water softener and that made a huge difference in the lime buildup of the water here. 

Been able to get some great sunbathing in at lunchtimes too!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts