Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Mutton, Beef Organs, Sunshine, Forest Hikes, Chemical-free Living

I have really been enjoying the mutton from the two whole ewes that I had processed. Mostly I had it processed into bone-in chunks, and some into ground. I slow cook the chunks for about 6 hours. They come out great. The only issue is there is quite a bit of waste from fat and bones. 

I also have been enjoying beef organ meats: tendon, kidney, sweetbreads, heart, tongue. These are all really delicious, affordable, and with no waste, so that is great! And the cooking water from the tendons makes a great aspic to snack on.

My weight stays nice and low when I stick with plain, unsalted and unseasoned ruminant meat. I just need to make sure the meat is fatty enough, but not too fatty. My gut can't handle eating visible fat, so I carefully remove it all before eating. As long as I catch it all, I do great. 

But some ruminant cuts are just too lean, and get really dry in the slow cooker. No fun to eat those! So that is why I like mutton. Although with mutton there is waste from fat and bones, the meat itself is always succulent and seems to really agree with my gut (knock on wood). And it keeps my weight nice and low with ease and no hunger.

I have been taking advantage of sunny days working from home and getting some good nude sunbathing lately at lunch hour. Feels great and a good way to get some needed vitamin D!

Also have really been enjoying some beautiful walks in the forest. There are rivers, creeks, and falls to enjoy and everything is vivid green and flowering right now. I have seen barred owls, frogs, wodpeckers, bluebirds, sparrows, and heard tufted titmouse calls and eagle calls.

I have been using diluted vinegar as body wash this past week and I love it. My skin feels really hydrated and my face shows less wrinkles too! No more need for lanolin as moisturizer on hands or feet! 

I have been using diluted vinegar on my hair for 7 months now. It works great instead of shampoo and conditioner! Just need to get a water softener because the water where I am staying this last six weeks has a lot of lime in it.

##



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts