Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Adjusting Salt, Finding Perfect Fatty Meat, Zero Carb Cat Food?

Keto Carnivory

Adjusting Salt, Finding Perfect Fatty Meat, Zero Carb Cat Food?

For some reason, I think I needed to make a change in my salt intake. I think maybe the change in the weather, or something. Now that it is colder, I have stopped using salt altogether. I was starting to have diarrhea and I think it was from using too much salt. Also, I read that 90% of all sea salt now has microplastics in it. Not good! So I have cut out salt entirely now, and have actually been feeling great, digestion is good, and sleeping really well too!

Salt is a tricky thing. I know we need a certain intake of both sodium and chloride for necessary body functioning, especially chloride for making stomach acid. But I know that meats contain a certain amount of those compounds naturally. So I wonder if we even need any added salt at all? So far this week, I have been doing perfectly fine without it.

And I know that different salts have vastly different amounts of minerals. Some salts have definitely caused me problems because they are higher in certain minerals and lower in others. So I wonder if it is best to just skip the salt and stick with good, fatty meat!

Speaking of good fatty meat, I am enjoying my whole sheep share. It is very, very fatty, and I specifically asked for full roasts with the fat left on, instead of ground meat, steaks, and chops. That seems to work much better. But I am actually ending up having to throw out quite a bit of fat, because this one was partially grain fed, so it is even fattier than grassfed would have been. Next month, I will be getting two whole lamb shares, and they are 100% grassfed. So they will be the perfect amount of fat, hopefully!

In other news, I have decided to try to find zero carb food for my pudgy cat! I had read good review of "Young Again Zero Mature" and ordered it. He has been eating it, but unfortunately I did not read the ingredients carefully and see there is added "fiber" foods as well as "probiotics" and I do not think any of that is good for a cat (certainly not good for me, so I'm sure not good for him!). So today I plan to look for Tiki brand wet food, which looks like just meat plus vitamins. And hopefully he'll eat it! I tried to buy him very expensive raw food that was just rabbit meat, but he wouldn't eat it. However, I found out later it had inulin in it (a "probiotic") so that's probably for the best he didn't eat it! We'll see how it goes with the Tiki food!




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts