Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: The Good Life: Walking, Red Meat and Sunshine

I have moved into my new house! It is walking distance to town, 1.3 miles (2.1 km). It feels so good to be self-propelled again. It is about a 20-25 minute walk to work, depending on how briskly I walk, with just a slight incline towards home. I really feel like I am getting more muscular already!

A few times I have tried sprinting for parts of it. It would be an interesting goal to run for the whole thing, and see how quick I could run a 2k! But I don't have the endurance yet to run/jog for the whole route. Also, I am wearing dress flats and a dress, and carrying a soft-sided attache', so that's no good for running.

I have really been enjoying eating the grassfed lamb tendons that I ordered online and actually just cooked up the last of them. Now I am waiting for the whole sheep share that I purchased to be ready for pickup at the processor. Should be today or tomorrow! I am looking forward to the organ meats. Organ meats and offal are my favorite parts! I am really not that excited about muscle meat.

I have been eating a lot leaner lately because I have been so much of the tendons, which are all protein. I am cooking them with fatty cuts, so that helps. The nutrition tracker is saying that I have been averaging 65% protein / 55% fat, which is topsy-turvy for a ketogenic diet. But it might in reality be better than that because I cook them with some fat. Before I figured that part out, I was getting foot cramps, so that was definitely too lean. But this ratio seems to be working just fine for me and I really feel good.

Too much fat is also not good for me. I had cooked up a beef tongue, which is a fattier cut, and I got a little soft stool from that. It wasn't too bad, but the last few years I have noticed I cannot really handle very fatty cuts well. They give me intestinal cramping and soft stools. So it's a delicate balance between too lean and too fat!

I really like the tendons for multiple reasons. I love the texture, kind of like meat gummies. And I love the flavor when cooked with flavorful fatty cuts. And since it is so high in collagen/gelatin, I feel like it is really good for my skin, hair and joints. I've been feeling really good lately!

Speaking of hair, I have been noticing about 3-4 inches of new hair growth. I think that is from gaining a few pounds about 8 months ago. A good part of last year I was actually under 17 BMI. But about 8 months ago I gained back a few pounds and now am 17 BMI again. I think that little bit of difference probably makes a big difference in overall health.

Another great thing about my new house is that I can sunbathe after work on sunny days! So nice and relaxing, and makes the workday seem like a different lifetime. Dr Paul Mason from Australia says that getting that UVA/UVB is great for the body to produce nitric oxide, which improves allover health and decreases all-cause mortality! So that's wonderful!

##







Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts