Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Carnivore Diet: Beef, Fish, Water = Feeling Great!

I feel so great after having gotten back to basics: beef, fish, water! Feels wonderful and really makes me appreciate the carnivore diet so much. Sometimes I just can't believe how many decades I suffered with gut problems! So I am very grateful to have discovered carnivore diet five years ago, and knock on wood, be able to afford to eat wonderful 100% grassfed beef and wild-caught seafood.

Since I have retired early, I have to be very careful with my budget. I never ever eat out, and my entire groceries and toiletries budget is $300 per month. So I currently buy local 100% grassfed beef organ meats including kidney, heart, sweetbreads, tongue, and also ground beef. When I can, I purchase wild-caught mackerel and saury from the Asian grocery store. All of these are under US$5 per pound, which is my limit. I eat around 1.8 pounds per day.

Mostly I slow cook all the beef. I use a mini crock-pot and a timer to cook it overnight. Then I do all of my eating in the morning, within a few hours, and fast the rest of the day. So around 20-23 hours fasting daily.

For the fish, I like to broil them whole, then split them open, pull away the bones and organs, then quickly broil again to crisp the skin. So delicious! Just mind-blowing!

My blood glucose remains in the low 80s mg/dL no matter what time of day, morning fasting, postprandial, or evening. So that is great!

And I never have menstrual pain anymore since being carnivore. Really amazing, because my menstrual pain used to be quite terrible!

My weight is consistent and very low, and my bodyfat which I have checked a few times on a DEXA machine, stays nicely in the lower end of normal for my age and sex. It said I had extremely low visceral fat, which is great, and very strong bones. 

And my past heart scans and cardiovascular ultrasounds have all been excellent! So that is very nice to know, since I have familial hypercholesterolemia and my LDL is always very high, over 300.

I do not ever take any supplements, medicines, pain relievers, nothing! And I don't ever drink alcohol anymore. Lost my taste for it!

So I am very, very grateful for the carnivore diet and the blessings of a simple life and wholesome food!

##  

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts