Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Carnivore Diet: Beef, Fish, Water Best for Body; Chemical-Free Living; Zero Carb Cat

My body really just does best on 100% grassfed beef, wild caught fish, and water. When I add other items, it always catches up with me. Sometimes immediately, as with my experiment into fermented plants, or sometimes a few months in, as was the case with fermented K2 100% grassfed dairy. I love that my blood glucose levels are always in the low 80s (mg/dL), regardless if morning, afternoon, or evening!

After just a few days of strict beef and water, intermittent fasting of 23 hours at a time, and slight calorie restriction, I already lost two pounds! I was really happy about that. As much as I enjoyed the fermented dairy, I felt like it made me hungrier and I ate more. With just beef and water, I don't get hungry.

I would like to get back to my low weight from about two years ago. In the last year and a half it went up rather abruptly, about five pounds. I thought maybe it was hypothyroid, or maybe perimenopause. But now I feel that if I just get back to beef, fish, and water, that will work to get my weight back. It is working well and quickly, knock on wood!

In other news, I am still living chemical-free. I use diluted vinegar for shampoo, facial wash, washing dishes, and cleaning glass. I use a locally made goat milk soap on my body, but diluted vinegar works too. I clean the hardwood floors with just water. I scrub the shower and toilets with baking soda. I no longer use any cosmetics at all, no deodorant, no hair dye. I stopped wearing glasses or contacts three months ago. I use reusable cotton menstrual pads. I have been using diluted vinegar for my laundry or the goat milk soap for hand washables. I use pure lanolin for moisturizer/lotion.

My cat is still zero carb, now two years! He eats Tiki brand wet cat food in the "Luau" series. 

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts