Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Conquering Craving

When I was a sugar-burner, I was always hungry and craved more sugar. In addition to a sweet breakfast, and usually something sweet with lunch, I always wanted dessert after dinner on top of that. And of course carb-y drinks as well, such as hot chocolate, chai, or wine. I think this constant craving is fairly usual for most sugar-burners. It's a very addictive way of life!

Now, my life is very different. I don't crave sweets whatsoever now! In fact, sweets are almost repellent, because I know how crappy they make me feel afterwards. But now, I enjoy fat! Hot, crispy fat caps as found on beef and lamb ribs! Or the sweet creaminess of cooled marrow! Or the incredibly luscious fat of sablefish! And just a few bites is all I need, and that tides me over for the whole day. My mind can focus on my work instead of the next sugar fix!

It's very freeing, getting over a serious addiction such as sugar. It really makes me realize how far we've come from our true diet. When I eat animal fat now, I feel wholly nourished and completely satiated. It's a great feeling!


Grassfed short ribs with flaked sea salt

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts