Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Never Failing Energy Levels

One of the factors I like most about following a zero-carb ketogenic diet is the never failing energy levels. When one is a sugar-burner, there are always crashes a few hours after eating. Sometimes, these crashes are strong enough to knock you out entirely! That is pretty serious!

However, when one is a fat-burner instead of a sugar-burner, one's energy levels stay consistent all the time! Whether you eat or not! With one caveat: I've noticed that if I eat too much, or too much protein, I can still crash a little. But if I have small portions, that are at least 75% fat, then I can go all day long with no energy crashes whatsoever! No snacking necessary! Wonderful, stable, steady as a rock energy all day, even with high activity such as dance or brisk walking!

I do think that the quality of the fats is important as well. I don't subscribe to any oils, and also not to dairy fats, poultry, or pork. Based on my own experiences and blood testing, I believe the best fats are from grassfed ruminant meat and marrow, and fatty fish.  Very clean-burning fuels!


Grassfed Beef Short Ribs with Flaked Sea Salt

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts