Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Adjusting Macros

Zero Carb Keto

Adjusting Macros


As part of my plastic-free mission, I have decided to adjust my macronutrient ratios. I am able to get fresh grassfed ribeye and ground beef (albeit all the way across the world from Australia) at a health food chain store about an hour drive from me. They agreed to put it in my BioBags and they did not even use wax paper (which is not compostable), so that is really great!

But I have learned two lessons from doing this plastic-free method of getting meat!

One is, for such a long drive, I need to bring a cooler and ice packs. My salmon actually spoiled on the way home and I got sick from it! I'm hoping the beef is OK to eat. So lesson learned there! I do have reusable ice packs and a cooler, so I just need to remember to bring them next time.

The other lesson I have learned is that I am going to have to get by on less fat. These fresh cuts at this shop are not as fatty as the cuts I have been used to eating. So instead of 65/35 fat/protein calorie intake, it is now more like 50/50. I think I am still in ketosis though, since I still have no hunger issues. So that is good! And there really were no suitable fat options to eat on the side anyway.

I am starting to eat eggs again. The cons are that they raise my triglycerides, and are high in omega 6s. But I think I want the variety since the grassfed beef offerings at the shop are so limited, and I am able to get them from local farmers who reuse the cartons. So I can at least support the local farmers in that way, if I am sadly no longer buying their beef because of the plastic.


Grassfed beef sirloin steak


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts