Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Any Way to Get Meat Without Plastic?

Zero Carb Keto 

Meat Without Plastic


I have made so much progress in my mission to be zero waste and plastic free! Almost totally there!

Except for my meat.

Meats always come wrapped in plastic, or plastic-lined paper. I called all around, and only one butcher shop said they would be willing to use compostable wrap that I provide. So that is my only hope for now.

I am really disappointed, because I really love supporting my local farmers and getting their delicious, fatty, grassfed beef and lamb! But none of their processors are able to wrap in anything but plastic or plastic-lined paper.

So I have ordered some compostable food storage bags, and they are on the way. I will let you know how it goes with the butcher shop. I have a bad feeling that once I actually get there with my own wrap, they will say no.

The only other zero carb foods besides meat and fish are eggs and certain dairy items. However, both of those are inflammatory for me. Eggs raise my triglycerides, and dairy causes gut issues and keratosis pilaris (bumpy skin).

I follow zero carb keto because it has helped heal my colitis. Plant matter causes horrible problems with my digestion: bloating, cramping, constipation, etc. Whereas when I eat a meat-only diet, I feel great and am healthy again!

I have been brainstorming ways to remain zero carb without plastic. I thought I could maybe use canned fatty fish, like sardines, but that did not work for my gut.

Hopefully the butcher shop works out!


Grassfed beef filet mignon with marrow fat


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts