Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Stocking Up on Lamb and Mutton

Zero Carb Keto

Stocking Up on Lamb and Mutton


My local farmers all have lamb available now, so I am going to stock up. I am getting two whole lamb shares in about a week and a half, then next month I will probably get another one or two whole lamb shares from another farmer.

I have also reordered another case of tushonka canned mutton. So then I should be well prepared to get through the rest of the winter!

I prefer lamb and mutton to all other meats. Beef is OK, but it is much leaner than lamb or mutton making added fats necessary. Since I do not do well with dairy, figuring out a good fat to add to beef is tricky. I have had best luck with marrow fat, but it is very expensive and hard to find 100% grassfed. Bison/buffalo is even leaner still. Chicken and pork are too high in omega 6 fatty acids. And I am intolerant to eggs.

So lamb and mutton really work best for me, and actually end up being quite affordable at only $7 per pound (including shipping!). They also provide perfectly well rounded nutrition as well, and excellent satiety.

In other news, I have sent off DNA tests for ancestry.com to find out if I have any mutations that could cause food intolerances, etc., and a telomere test to see how my biological age is. I have previously done a genetic test to confirm I have familial hypercholesterolemia, which means I have extremely high LDL. However, this appears to not create any risks factors when following a ketogenic carnivore diet. I have had CT heart scan and multiple cardiovascular scans and got perfect scores, and assortment of other blood parameters are excellent.

In addition, that same genetic analysis also showed that I should not have lactose intolerance (although I do have a slight problem with casein shown in a different peptide test), and should not get alcohol flush. It is really fascinating what they are able to find with DNA now! I am looking forward to finding out more!



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts