Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Traveling while Carnivore; Crohn's diagnosis/DNA Testing

Zero Carb Keto

Traveling while Carnivore; Crohn's diagnosis/DNA Testing

I recently did some long-distance traveling by car. This can be tricky since my gut does not do well with spiced meat, only plain meat. It is really amazing how hard it can be to get just plain unseasoned meat on the road! In the past, sometimes I would buy hard-boiled eggs at gas stations, but then I realized eggs bother my gut too. So that makes it even harder!

I found a few things that work. At mainstream grocery stores, I can usually find Steak-umms, which are just beef with nothing else added. These can be microwaved and work just fine in a pinch when staying a hotel. They are good and fatty and in a naturally ketogenic ratio so no added fat is needed.

Although I do not do well with dairy on a daily basis, some swiss cheese will work from time to time too! Swiss has a naturally ketogenic ratio of fat to protein.

I try not to eat pork too often because of the high omega 6's and triglycerides from it, but Latino grocery stores usually stock chicharrones (pork cracklings) and sometimes, if you are very lucky, you can get them fresh made on site and hot! So good!

In other news, I received back my Ancestry.com raw DNA data and crunched it through Promothease.com. I found 21 mutations for Crohn's disease! That was the highest number of mutations for the same disease in my findings! So that explains what I thought my whole life was colitis, was actually Crohn's disease. It does not change anything about how I am going to handle it (i.e. just continuing with the carnivore diet), but it is nice to finally have a real diagnosis! It also showed a high amount of mutations for prostate cancer, and also familial hypercholesterolemia (which I had already identified with genetic testing). Also a fair amount of mutations towards arthrits, diabetes, and heart disease. Thank goodness I found the carnivore keto diet!

Also, I received my telomere length results! I am almost 47 years old, but have the DNA of a 33 year old! Woo hoo! What excellent news! Guess I need to plan to save up more for retirement, I may live longer than I was expecting based on my family history!

I also did my yearly health incentive screening at work. Excellent results: HDL 94, triglycerides 68, fasting blood glucose 81, blood pressure 102/71. "Underweight" at 16.7% BMI. I am really happy with these results. I really think avoiding pork and poultry are important for me to keep my triglycerides down! They seem to be inflammatory, at least for me.

Wednesday I should be able to pick up my two whole lamb shares at the processor. Then next month I will be getting two more. That should keep me stocked up over the winter, along with my canned tushonka mutton!



Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts