Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto carnivore: Back to Red Meat

I had been so excited to do a piscivore diet. I was really enjoying eating mussels, clams, squid, cuttlefish, scad, and prawns. My digestion was great!

But then I got terribly, terribly depressed. I don't know what happened. It was awful! So I've been coming back to lamb and some beef pemmican and I'm feeling much better.

I wonder if it was just too low in fat and I was depriving my brain of needed fatty acids?

Pretty shocking. Now I know better. There's that delicate balance again between fat and protein. With my Crohn's disease, too much fat causes intestinal cramping and diarrhea. But too little fat seems to cause weight gain, and/or severe depression. Both are terrible!

So I think I need to stick with lamb but not eat the visible fat, or have beef pemmican.

Whew. Lesson learned! You'd think after three and a half years as a carnivore I would have learned everything already, but there's always something new when my body throws me a curve ball.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts