Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Small Slow Cooker, Radical Simplicity

I recently got a very small, one serving slow cooker. It's been working really well for me. It cooks really fast. Even on low. I can put in a lamb steak or stew cubes or small hunk of roast, and 4-5 hours later it is ready. So I'm really been enjoying that. Before I would have to cook up a whole roast and then I will have all these leftovers. But now I can just cook what I need per serving and eat it hot every time. It's really good.

I've been eating quail eggs and knock on wood, my gut has been okay with them. So although they are fed grains, which is not very sustainable environmentally or healthwise, I just feel like I need some variety. I even fried them up in some lamb fat. That was really good. Nothing like fresh yolks!

I picked up some chicken thighs too. Normally I don't eat poultry because of the high omega-6 content, and because they are fed grains. But I just really feel I need variety lately.

I think I am still probably having hypothyroid issues. My weight is still not really going down very much. Even though I'm eating only 700-800 calories per day. And walking 3 miles per day. Oh well. I feel okay.

In other news, I have been looking at what they call radical simplicity. It's living without a car, electricity, petroleum. Raising one's own food. It's the same idea I've been having for my self-sufficient homestead.

I really want to do this. I've been looking at properties where it might be possible. I'm looking at different options for housing, heating, food, hygiene, storing food, clothing. There's a lot to be learned. We are very far away from that in our current society and there are a lot of things that need to be re-learned.

I am doing some exploration and will know more in a few weeks.

Also, I have completely given up dyeing my hair. Not even henna or ochre, and I gave up using the UVB lamp for my vitiligo, since it wasn't doing anything, even with pseudocatalase too.

I am also experimenting with cleaning my hair with diluted white vinegar. I am on day two. I'll report on how that is going!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts