Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Whole Lamb Shares

My favorite local sheep rancher has two lambs for me next month. Buying whole lamb shares has really worked out well for me. It only comes to $7/lb and then I get to have it processed exactly how I want it, too. And two lambs fit in a regular refrigerator freezer just fine. I actually sold my small chest freezer because I haven't had any need for it and it takes up needed space in my very small house. One whole lamb produces about 30-35 lbs of frozen meat.

Lamb and mutton have been a really good go-to meat source for me. Even with grassfed, most lamb and mutton cuts are fattier than even the fattiest cuts of beef. And lamb and mutton are so succulent and tasty too! Very satisfying and nutritious. They are sometimes called "land salmon" because of their high omega 3 ratio.

In the meantime, I have about a week's worth of my previous lamb shares left. I was thinking if I need something else for the next month, I could get some cuts from my local grassfed beef rancher and maybe trying grating some tallow on them for just a little extra fat but not too much? Or there is an international grocery close by that has lamb for $7/lb too.

##




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts