Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Finding the Right Fat Intake

After three and a half years as a carnivore, I'm finally figuring out that fat intake is a personal ratio. They say for ketosis that you need 60 to 75% fat intake. However to get to that point you need to be able to digest fats well. And I feel like with my Crohn's disease, that's just too much fat for me. I seem to do really well with more like 50/50 fat to protein by calorie, knock on wood.

Too much protein seemed to make me go hypothyroid. My thyroid numbers were not good at all during that time. My skin was dry, I skipped menses. I was gaining weight even though I had severely restricted my calorie intake.

Too much fat was also very bad. I just couldn't digest it. I had intestinal cramping and diarrhea. Which is so terrible to have at work.

But now I have been eating about 50/50 and that, knock on wood, seems to be my Goldilocks zone. I also started eating some salt again.

I have been feeling the need for variety. So I have brought back in poultry to my diet a little bit. I have been having chicken thighs and quail egg yolks. I also got some burnt skin goat meat at the local international grocery store. It is really really tasty. But it is lean, so it needs fat added. I used the quail egg yolks as an added fat on the side.

I'll be looking at some property soon for my dream self sufficient home. I'm excited to go see if it might work.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts