Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Good Meat and Good Health

I received the results from my 30 day heart monitor, and all is fine. So that is good! I guess I just have a sensitive gut, and when I have a flare-up, the pain is so intense that I can faint. I have pored over my food journals to see what might have caused it. When I have eaten visible fat, that can do it, it seems. So I am trying to avoid all visible fat. But not eat too lean, either! It is such a delicate balance.

I have been enjoying my mutton from the two whole ewes that I got. I have also been getting beef organ meats, such as beef tendon, heart, sweetbreads, and tongue. These are all affordable and really delicious. I also refrigerate the cooking liquid from the tendon to make a simple aspic, which I enjoy too! And just drinking plain water.

It is a relief to know that despite having the genetic mutations for both Brugada syndrome and Familial Hypercholesterolemia, my heart and cardio vascular system are doing well, knock on wood. I am grateful to have found a good simple ruminant meat and organ meat diet.

In other news, I am still living 99% chemical free. The only chemical I use is my contact lens solution. Otherwise, I use simple one ingredient items for household cleaning, laundry, and toiletries, such as vinegar and baking soda. I no longer dye my hair with henna either. I have recently started using a somewhat diluted vinegar spritz instead of soap for my body and face, to protect the natural acid mantle. My skin feels softer and shows less wrinkles, I think!

I try to get midday sunshine on my full body as much as possible. It feels great and I feel it keeps me healthier.

I avoid the "news" and social media, and try to spend time in activities and friendships which are positive, mentally challenging, and healthy.

I have been wearing a new medical bracelet, showing that I do not want resuscitation, intubation, hospitalization, and that I want to allow natural death. I believe strongly in that and I am against pharmaceuticals, supplements, surgeries, and invasive techniques.

I am only wearing and using all natural fibers as well. It feels great, because they are so breathable!

A friend lent me a FitBit to check my sleep patterns. I have been getting great sleep too. I think sleeping alone, in a quiet environment, and getting up naturally without an alarm, is very good for me!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts