Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Succulent Mutton and Organ Meats, Allow Natural Life and Death

I have been enjoying the 168 lbs of mutton I got from the two whole ewes that I purchased from my local sheep rancher. I mostly had it processed into bone-in chunks, but also some ground, and breakfast sausage for my friend. Great for $3 a lb including processing! And mutton is so much more succulent than beef, due to its intramuscular higher fat content.

I still am enjoying beef organ meats as well for variety. I purchase sweetbreads, tendon, knuckle, ground heart, and kidney. I enjoy the different textures and flavors of organ meats compared to muscle meat! The tendon and knuckle, besides having delicious collagen-rich material to eat after slow cooking, also produce a wonderful aspic to snack on later!

Over a year ago I stopped using salt, and the last month or so I also stopped drinking plain seltzer water. I feel like they were both triggering gut problems. Now I just stick with mutton or beef muscle and organ meat, and trim the fat after cooking. That seems to work best for my gut. Normally I slow cook them in mini slow cooker for each meal.

I have been wearing a heart monitor for 30 days to see if I have Brugada Syndrome, since I have the gene for it and have had fainting episodes. So far, there has been nothing out of the ordinary found from the stress test or heart ultrasound. 

I had a virtual visit with a gastroenterologist because of my episodes. He thought it is possible the Brugada could cause the urgent gut issues I had in the middle of sleeping. So hopefully the heart monitor shows something. I have one more week. If it doesn't find anything, I guess I will still just keep doing what I am doing, since day to day I feel good. 

If it is Brugada, that would be an explanation, but won't change much in my life. I won't get an implanted defribillator.

Both the cardiologist and gastroenterologist were concerned that I have high LDL, but I do not see any problem. My heart CT scans and cardiovascular ultrasounds and stress test shows really good health in that aspect.

I told them both I am not going to take drugs. I do not believe in ingesting foreign substances created by the pharma-industrial complex. I still am not using any chemicals in my toiletries or household cleaning, aside from contact lens solution.

I believe in eating ruminant meat and organs, drinking water, getting fresh air, sunshine, exercise, and being content. And to allow natural death. To be not afraid. Death is part of life.

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts