Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: More Intermittent Fasting; Vitamin K2 Importance

I've been experimenting more with fasting after my good results with a 40 hour fast. I've been doing 20 hours fasts. So far so good! Not as "cleansing" feeling as the 40 hour fast, for sure. But I can see how maybe it is still healthier than eating throughout the day. But maybe every other day eating is better?

I was reading more about the importance of vitamin K2. That is present in 100% grassfed ruminant animal liver mostly, and less in the the animal fat and the other organs. It is vital for the correct utilization of calcium throughout the body. Without it, calcium will deposit on the teeth as calculus, or in the arteries or heart as calcification. So it is really important!

Luckily, I love eating liver. So I'm just making sure to eat some beef or mutton liver a few times a week. And try to make sure it is 100% grassfed!

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts