Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: All is Well with Lamb, Chemical-free Living

I am feeling so much better now having gotten back to good, local, 100% grassfed lamb. I felt really bad the other day from eating some chicharrones (pork) and dairy (homemade curds, and whey cheese). I just can't handle pork, dairy, or poultry very well at all. I need to remember that, when I am trying to think of ways to "treat" myself. Because feeling terrible is not a treat! No more pork, poultry, or dairy!

My weight went up from that "treat" too, and luckily having gone back to just lamb, it has gone back down again. My body does best with lamb and mutton, slow-cooked, and not eating the fat (as delicious as it may be). No salt.

In other news, I have been dye-free for four months now. I had been using henna, but I was concerned about the natural phenol in it potentially causing more vitiligo. So I went dye-free. Instead I have just been doing some little touch-ups with a natural mineral ochre pigment, or with my all-natural eyeliner (just waxes and minerals). 

I have been using diluted white vinegar as shampoo and conditioner for over a month now. It works great for me.

I have been using plain baking soda for tooth powder for over a decade with blessing from my dentist. And local, lard and goat milk soap for hands and body.

I use diluted white vinegar for dish cleaning and cleaning glass. I recently discovered sodium percarbonate (oxygen bleach) for brightening up stained old porcelain fixtures. It is non-toxic and much better for the environment that chlorine bleach.

I stopped wearing contact lenses, so I no longer use any chemicals. My natural laundry detergent has a few ingredients of which I am not sure, so I may try just using washing soda instead. It contains washing soda, sodium metasilicate, C12-15 pareth-2 (?). So I wonder if washing soda alone might be fine.

I stopped using any antiperspirant or deodorant. I had been using some coconut oil, but found I really don't need it. Even on really hot days, I don't sweat very much, since I wear all natural fibers which are wicking (mostly merino wool or silk). When I do sweat, it doesn't smell, so that is good. 

I consigned all of my clothes that required dry cleaning. Now I only have 100% natural fiber clothing and textiles, mostly merino wool and silk because they are good for the environment, but a few all-cotton pieces still. I would like to use all 100% merino wool for undergarments, but they are very expensive. So I will have to build that up piece by piece. Merino and silk are really good for breathability. 

I also only wear real leather shoes with no foam inserts. Most have leather soles as well. I read about "grounding" (being in electrical conduct with the earth) so all leather shoes should be good for that. I have found some nice used Italian made leather shoes. All leather, especially kid leather, is again very good for brearhability.

I don't wear much makeup besides a little natural mineral eyeliner and blush.

For moisturizer, which I don't need very often, I use pure lanolin.

It really feels good to be natural and chemical free!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts