Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Goat is the New Lamb; Zero Carb Cat; Chemical Free Living

I have really been enjoying goat meat lately. It is lean, but knock on wood, it seems to be treating me well. I still love lamb, too, but sometimes lamb is a little too fatty for my Crohn's disease, and I get diarrhea. So keeping fat low, but not so low where I go hypothyroid, is a really crucial balance.

I found goat meat at my local halal grocery store. Also at another upscale butcher shop in town. Prices were the same, surprisingly! So I have picked up some bone-in cubes, some boneless, and some ground goat meat. They are cooking up beautifully in my single-serve slow cooker.

I am also expecting a whole ram share in a few weeks from my local sheep rancher. I am sure the ram will be fatty, because the ewe I bought last year was. So I will need to be careful to cook off and trim off the fat, for my gut's sake.

I was reading that Crohn's disease can actually qualify for federal disability. It sure feels like a disability. It really ostracizes me both at work, as well as with friends and family. But I do my best to work with it. To get disability, I would have to submit to Western medicine's screwed-up "treatment" of harmful pharmaceuticals and cutting out body parts. No thanks!

In other news, my cat has reached his one year mark as a pure carnivore. He is doing so much better. Such a great difference in his figure, from tubby and lazy to muscular and lean. Also his disposition is so much better too. Very happy, energetic (great mouser), and loving.

Also, I have started doing stand-up tanning sessions. I have done two so far. I think it is good for me. I am not doing it to darken my skin, I just want to get the vitamin D for good health.

My hair has been doing great with diluted white vinegar as shampoo. Works better than anything else I've ever tried! I also use diluted white vinegar for my dishes and my laundry and wiping down glass surfaces. I use Bon Ami and sodium percarbonate for my porcelain sinks and tub.

I am no longer using any chemicals at all, except when I wear contact lenses. I use local goat milk soap for body cleansing, no deodorant (don't need it when wearing breathable natural materials), a little all-natural eyeliner.

I stopped even using henna or ochre to dye my hair. I have been letting my hair go natural for five months. It seems healthier and looks good. I bought a wide tooth sandalwood comb and a nighttime silk scarf to help care for my long hair and keep it from getting tangled and breaking off. 

I have been using lanolin for a moisturizer for hand and body.

I just need to remember not to try and treat myself by eating things that don't work for me, like pork, poultry, dairy, and eggs. If I want to treat myself to something, I can buy a soothing vinyl record, or get some natural fiber clothing, or something nice for my house!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts