Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Life with Crohn's

Sometimes, even with a strict carnivore diet, my Crohn's disease feels a bit like a disability. I have to be so very, very careful. Most people don't understand. I have to be careful to eat only small servings. Not too fat, but not too lean. Pork, dairy, poultry, and eggs just aren't good for me. Grassfed beef is often too lean. I do pretty well with grassfed lamb, but that can be too fatty at times too for my gut.

I get headaches from too much calcium. I got a headache yesterday and finally realized it was from snacking on dried shrimp, which have calcium.

Sometimes it can just be so frustrating. And yet I am still doing a million times better than when I was eating plants!

It is really hard to travel. Or even work a long day. For traveling, if I have time, I order some pemmican. Otherwise it can be tricky finding food. It is hard to be at work with painful intestinal cramping, and sometimes diarrhea too. 

But carnivore has certainly helped, and ruminant animals seem best. Goat seems particularly good for me.

I have started getting stand-up tans for vitamin D in the winter. I think that is important for good health.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts