Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Fat Intake Thoughts, Living Chemical Free

I have created a custom chart in my nutrition tracker. It shows my fat intake versus my body weight. It is interesting to note that the higher my fat intake has been, the lower my body weight. But one thing to note in addition is that I don't handle high-fat very well. I tend to have intestinal cramping and diarrhea with high fat intake. So I have been doing as high-fat as I can, around 50-50 fat/protein by calorie.

With that ratio I still feel like I am in ketosis, and I don't have any intestinal problems, and I maintain a nice low weight. And not too low!

It is also interesting to note that I feel good eating goat meat even though according to the nutrition tracker it is lower in fat than beef. Yet I don't seem to do as well with beef. I do really well with goat and lamb. And with the lamb I do have to remove any visible fat.

But with beef, I feel like it is just too lean without the fat, and when I eat the fat it upsets my gut. So I just don't do all that well with beef.

The one exception to that is cow feet. I have been using them to make aspic. And it is delicious and I feel really good. I think the collagen is really good for me.

I really cannot eat much eggs at all, unfortunately. It seems with pork, poultry, dairy, and eggs, I can really only eat them once a week at most, or I suffer intestinal and mood problems.

In other news, I have been feeling really good about my hair. I've been using a very diluted white vinegar as a shampoo. And that has been working great. I have been using it for 2 months. I also am using that to clean my dishes and glass.

I have given up trying to dye my hair in any way. I stopped using henna over 5 months ago. I have stopped trying to use ochre or anything else. I am actually pretty happy with how it looks! So that is great.

Also, I have stopped using the menstrual cup. Now I am using reusable cotton pads. Cotton isn't great for the soil, but the rubber cup was causing me some pain. So these pads are working well for me and seem to be a better environmental alternative than disposable pads. Wool would really be the most environmental option.

Speaking of wool, I have transitioned most of my cold weather clothes to Merino wool. I have a little bit of cotton still. In the summer I wear silk. But otherwise I do not use any acrylic fibers. I find that natural fibers are much more breathable and comfortable. And then I don't need to use any deodorant or antiperspirant. The only problem with all natural textiles is that I have some holes from moths eating my clothes! 

I have stopped using contact lenses as well. Now I just use glasses. And I try not to wear them as much as possible.

I also have just been using leather shoes. Trying to avoid any artificial materials in the shoes. So that my feet breathe better. It makes a difference. My feet are more comfortable and my shoes do not smell when I wear natural materials.

I have been experimenting with using just washing soda or just diluted vinegar for my laundry. So far so good!

I have also been cleaning my porcelain in the house with oxygen bleach (sodium percarbonate). It is very environmentally safe and it works great.

I feel like these changes I have made a really good for my health. I am feeling good lately.

##





Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts