Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: The Benefits of Lamb, Chemical-free Life

I am feeling really well (knock on wood) since getting back to a lamb diet. Lamb and mutton really work well for me. My hypothyroid issues all seem to have gone away, my weight is nice and low again, my gut and mood and general well-being are good!

It is definitely worth it for me to buy whole lamb or sheep. The cost per pound comes out to $7 or less! So that is great. 

I have been cooking up single portions in my 1.6 quart slow cooker. They cook in just 4-6 hours on low. It is nice to always have hot meals rather than eating leftovers!

In other news, I am really happy with all the chemical-free changes I have made. Diluted white vinegar is working great as a shampoo, and dish liquid. I also use it for hand washables. It has to be very diluted, otherwise my hair doesn't look as shiny nor my dishes. 

I have discontinued wearing contact lenses. I am just wearing glasses and actually trying to take them off as much as possible too.

I am using pure lanolin for moisturizer, and locally made lard and goat milk soap for hand and body cleansing. I stopped using deodorant and antiperspirant since I found I no longer need them. I use plain baking soda for tooth powder, with the blessing from my dentist, for over a decade now.

The next thing I am going to try is replacing the commercial "natural" laundry detergent I purchased with either diluted white vinegar or plain washing soda. 

I found sodium carbonate peroxide, also known as oxygen bleach, a great nontoxic bleach for cleaning my 80-yr-old bathtub and sinks. It is amazing! Can be used to whiten clothes too.

I have been experimenting with natural mineral powder on my white hair instead of dye. All-natural eyeliner works too, to cover white hairs. I have been dye (henna) free for four months now.

I have switched out all of my clothes, shoes, and textiles to all-natural materials. Mostly wool or silk, which wick well and are very breathable. Shoes are 100% leather, no foam inserts, and natural leather soles. So my feet can breathe too!

I really feel like I have turned a corner on my health. Despite having Crohn's disease, vitiligo, Raynaud's syndrome, and familial hypercholesterolemia, I am feeling and looking well and have great health parameters. I am thankful to have finally found carnivore diet, a great local sheep rancher, and ways to live chemical free!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts