Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Intermittent Fasting, Bodyweight Exercise

I've been experimenting with some intermittent fasting. I did a 40 hour fast (starting with a 16 hour dry fast), and that actually felt really great! Then I tried some daily 17-20 hour fasts. Those shorter fasts have good points and bad points. I really like cleaning dishes just once per day, and not having to try to fit in eating multiple times throughout my busy day. However, my gut is not as happy as with that as my brain is! It is just too much food in a short time period.

So I think I will probably go back to my prior eating habits, which were three meals at roughly 4am, 8am, and 1:30pm. That still gives me 14.5 hour fasts daily. And maybe I'll do a 40 hour fast again in a month when I have some days off.

I also think that beef tendon, although I absolutely love it, is just too high in protein and causes weight gain. Darn it! I really enjoy the variety though.

I've been doing bodyweight exercises from "Your Body Is Your Barbell" every other day for a few months now. I'm feeling stronger, and hopefully it is staving off somewhat the inevitable increase of bodyfat due to aging!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts