Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Intermittent Fasting Thoughts

I really do like a lot about fasting. One, there are even less dishes to clean, which as a carnivore there aren't many already. I sure like that! Also less time out of my day needed to eat. With 20 hour fasts, I can get all my eating and cleanup done before work even starts for the day. That is very simplifying!

I also really like the strength of not being dependent on constantly eating. It is a good feeling.

And lastly, it feels healthy. I think my gut really does well having time off!

The only trouble I faced though was eating too much in too short a time period. I got uncomfortably full. I think I won't worry about trying so hard to get enough calories, and just eat till satiated instead of overfull. That seems to work much better!

So my plan is to continue with regular 20-hour daily fasts, and then quarterly per year 40-hour fasts. 

Also, as much as I love eating beef tendon and knuckle, I think it is just too lean to eat very often or in great quantity. Too lean eating is very unhealthy. That causes protein overload, also called "rabbit starvation." Humans need fat mostly, then protein (and need no carbohydrates). More than 50% protein is too much, and really 40% is better. I notice it myself, when I eat too lean. I start gaining weight and getting toe cramps. 

I have tried adding reserved fat on the side of lean meats, but my gut doesn't seem to like reserved fat, or dairy fats such as butter or ghee. I have read if facing starvation and only have lean meat, you will live longer if you cook the lean meat (such as rabbit) in water, and just drink the water with the fats and vitamins in it, rather than eat the meat. Interesting!

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts