Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: More Fasting Results; Vitamin K2; Chemical-Free Living

After my great results with one 40 hour fast, I tried two days of 20 hour fasts. However, those were not successful. Trying to eat a day's worth of calories within a 4 hour timespan ended up in diarrhea both days. So I guess I won't try to do that anymore. But, it sure had its pluses. I really liked being able to just have to clean dishes once a day. And not have to take time out of my day to eat.

The problem lies in trying to get a day's worth of calories in too short a time span. My gut wasn't handling that very well. I did fine with 16 hour fasting. So, I might try 18 hour fasting. If that doesn't work for me, I could stick with 16. Or, maybe just do occasional 40 hour fasts and not try to make up the lost calories. First I will try 18 hour fasting, and will try to get enough calories. Another possibility is to try 20 hour fasts again, but start earlier. 

In other news, I have been focusing on 100% grassfed ruminant (beef and mutton) meat and organs because I want to increase my intake of vitamin K2 for good arteries, bones, teeth, heart, and skin. The best source is 100% grassfed ruminant liver. I am also eating grassfed beef kidney, tongue, short rib, and heart, as well as the tendon and aspic from grassfed beef knuckle bone, for the collagen. I want to do everything I can to have strong bones, teeth, and great skin as I am approaching menopause. I am back to doing bodyweight exercises every other day, using the book "Your Body is Your Barbell."

I am still washing my hair, face, and body with diluted white vinegar to keep up my acid mantle. It is working great. I am not using any chemicals whatsoever except for contact lens solution. I use diluted white vinegar to wash my dishes, laundry, and glass. I brush my teeth with plain baking soda, to maintain alkaline pH in the mouth. Speaking of which, I have quit drinking seltzer water because it has an acid pH. I want strong teeth!

I use just lanolin for moisturizer. No deodorant or antiperspirant. I wear and use 100% natural fibers such as cotton, silk, or wool to ensure my skin can breathe during the day and while I am sleeping.

The only makeup I use is some Zuzu eyeliner, which is just mineral ochre and oil. I do not use any other cosmetics or hair products.

My hair is growing in much thicker than it had previously when I was dyeing my hair with henna. My gray hairs are staying moisturized and looking much better now that I am just using the diluted white vinegar as shampoo and conditioner, combing with a sandalwood or natural horn wide-toothed comb, and covering my hair at night with a silk scarf. The difference is pretty amazing. 

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts