Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Dairy Effect on Glucose/Ketones

I have been eating 100% grassfed raw dairy for about two months now. Knock on wood, I have been doing OK so far gut-wise! 

I just wanted to see if it affected my blood glucose or ketone level. So I ordered some testing strips. They arrived and I have tested twice. I was very happy to see that the grassfed dairy has not spiked my glucose at all! My postprandial glucose was 94 and morning glucose was 72 mg/dL. And my ketones have been mostly 1.4mmol/L. So that is great!

I have mostly been intermittent fasting, 6-8 hour eating window daily, all before noon.

I am really happy with these results! The grassfed raw dairy is even more affordable than the $5/lb grassfed beef cuts I have been buying! So that is great for my new retirement budget.

I have making ряжанка, Ukrainian baked and fermented milk. Just milk slow cooked overnight then fermented for 4-6 hours with a little sour cream. And молочний суп, milk soup, made with milk and butter. So tasty!

I saute' beef liver in butter and milk. The milk thickens a bit to make a creamy sauce. This is Ukrainian style too.

I also have been enjoying beefheart "nachos". I dehydrate super-thin slices of beefheart, top with cooked ground beef, melted cheese, and sour cream.

And "parfaits" with sour cream, melted gjetost, and browned butter. Mmm! So nutritious and high in vitamin K2.

I have really been enjoying eating the dairy and exploring some traditional Ukrainian recipes!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts