Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: ряжанка! (Baked fermented milk),chemical-free living,zero-carb cat

I am so excited! I made traditional Ukrainian ряжанка, fermented baked milk! The "baking" was done on low in my slow cooker overnight, using wonderful creamy raw whole milk from my local grassfed beef farmer. 

This creates пряжене молоко, "baked milk". I drank some of that and ate the delicious skin. This is what we might call "evaporated milk". It is slightly caramelized and a little thicker than raw milk. And incredibly delicious!

Then after it cooled a bit, I added some real sour with enzymes, and covered it for another 4 hours. This creates a thicker, delicious creation called ряженка (ryazhenka). Goodness, that is wonderful!

I definitely want to make this regularly! It is delicious, nutritious, satisfying, and very affordable, to substitute for a meat meal. The only problem might be the carbohydrates are higher than I normally would have on a strict carnivore diet. I have ordered some blood glucose and blood ketone testing strips to see if it is really affecting my blood glucose levels. I hope not. I really enjoy it! I will post back once I have tested.

I have also been really enjoying the 100% grassfed raw butter and cheese in thin slices together. Heavens, that is good! And another very affordable alternative to a meat meal.

I am currently making some dried beefheart slices to use for "nachos". I top them with ground beef, melted cheese, and sour cream. Oh yeah!

In other news, it has now been over a year of using diluted vinegar for shampoo. And a year and a half since hennaing my hair! I am really very pleased. It is much thicker and healthier now. I just use a wide-toothed sandalwood comb, and cover it in a silk scarf at night. Thus has all made such a big difference! I feel much better about my white hairs now, since they are healthy and behave like my brown hairs. They used to be wiry and stick straight up from my part.

I am completely chemical-free. I stopped using contacts or glasses and any makeup at all since retiring early over a month ago. I use vinegar for my laundry, dishes, and glass surfaces. I use sodium percarbonate to clean my shower. I use all natural local goat milk soap for my hands and body. I use pure lanolin as a moisturizer. 

My cat is still zero carb too, for two years now. He eats Tiki Luau brand wet food, which is just chicken, salmon, egg, natural juices, with vitamins and minerals. He is so much slimmer and seemingly happier than he was two years ago! It is nice to see.

I am really happy too. It is wonderful to be retired and have time to pursue all of my interests, and play, hike, and daydream! I am very thankful.

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts