Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Lowering Protein

I mentioned yesterday that I am going to try and lower my protein intake from 75g per day down to around 50g. That means increasing my fat as well.

I did some calculating, and I think the best way to accomplish this is to actually only eat two meals of meat per day, with my third meal being just a spoonful or so of fat.

I started this new plan yesterday. I had some good fatty lamb chops for breakfast, fatty mutton ribs for lunch, then a spoonful or so of coconut cream after work. I plan on using beef marrow instead of coconut cream when possible, since the beef marrow has higher nutrient content and no carbs, and does not irritate the digestion like plant matter sometimes does.

This morning my fasting glucose was very good and low, just 70mg/dl (3.88mmol/l). So the higher fat intake improves glucose and ketones.

The reason that I want to try and lower my protein intake is to prevent cancer formation from too much glutamine and methionine. From my understanding, cancer can feed on these amino acids just as well as sugars and starches!

The good thing about this change is that my whole lamb share should last longer, since I will only be eating two meals per day instead of three! But, I need to purchase the fats for the third meal of the day, and unfortunately those are not local. I have to order grassfed beef marrow online, and the coconut cream actually originates from overseas. I usually try to buy local foods as much as possible. So I would prefer to find another alternative. I tried local grassfed, raw, A2 casein dairy, but that caused problems for me. So I will keep brainstorming!

Grassfed mutton ribs with sea salt


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts