Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Getting Back in the Groove

At last, after twelve days of being off dairy (and only 48 days of eating it!), my body has finally seemed to normalize. My bodyfat and weight have gotten back down to where they were before my dairy experiment. Whew! It took a while rid my body of it! It really makes me wonder if dairy plays a part, along with carbs, in the obesity epidemic?

I was able to start my ballet exercise back up again yesterday. It felt great! Sometimes it just feels so good to break a good sweat! And it's interesting, being in ketosis, makes my sweat smell sweet. At least to me, anyway!

I'm trying to devise a food repertoire that will work to keep me in ketosis, not be too terribly expensive, and will be good for my gut and body. For my gut and general health, I want to avoid pork, poultry, and dairy. I know that fatty cuts of beef such as tongue and sweetbreads work for me, and most cuts of lamb. I can expand that to include eggs as well. I should be able to get all of that locally, without having to resort to ordering online. So that's some savings there too! If I can concentrate on those fatty cuts, and don't need added fats on the side, then that means I need roughly 0.6lbs meat per day, and that comes roughly to $4 per day for all of my groceries. So that's not bad at all!

Ideally, I really want to be able to start my own farm and be self sufficient. I have been studying butchery, and I was thinking of finding a class to attend for hands-on experience. I found one in Brooklyn, and one in Vermont, but those are so far away! So I'll keep an eye out.

There are also a few other cuts, which when lucky, have enough fat on their own, such as this beautiful fatty brisket below, beef loin, oxtail, or beef short ribs. It's important to look at the cuts very carefully before purchase. Sometimes what looks like fat is actually gristle, so you have to get a really good look!

Grassfed brisket with sea salt flakes




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts