Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Goodbye "Sticky" Dairy!

Due to gut pain and aggravation of my keratosis pilaris, I decided to quit my experiment with dairy. That was five days ago. And I can still feel the lingering effects!

I noticed that when I made my clotted cream, how "sticky" dairy is. And I think that might be one of the big problems with it. It seems to stick around in my system.

I gained weight and bodyfat in just six weeks, despite maintaining the exact same calorie intake as I was previously!

I wonder if part of the obesity epidemic is not just carb intake, but dairy?!

I've actually skipped dinner the past three days in the hopes of getting my weight and bodyfat back down and purging this bloated, fat feeling. I'm hoping that by the end of the week the dairy will finally be out of my system.

People try to say that dairy is fine, especially ghee or butter, and even better if it is from A2 casein cows. But I disagree. My clotted cream (which is basically butter), was from 100% grassfed A2 cream. I have tested for lactose intolerance, which I got a perfect score, so I am definitely not lactose intolerant. I do have some casein intolerance, although just within the "normal" range. But I think casein could be the problem.

Casein can be broken down in the body into casomorphin, which is associated with histamine release (inflammation). Dairy seems to build up in my system and eventually causes gut pain, bloating, distension, and aggravation of my keratosis pilaris. So I definitely think it is inflammatory for me. And hard to remove from the body! It takes a while to purge it all!

Lesson learned. Not all keto is the same! Not all fats are equal! Goodbye dairy (including ghee, butter, and cream!) I want my body back!

Grassfed oxtail with sea salt flakes




Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts