Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Back to Red Meat, Problems with Piscivore

A few weeks ago I had a terrible Crohn's attack and ended up fainting twice in a row and suffering a bad concussion when I fell. I read that fatty red meat could cause flares, so I thought switching to piscivore might be best.

I tried eating strictly small, oily fish for a few weeks. But I gained a few pounds, had some old aches return, and my bowel movements became difficult. I think from the calcium, which can be constipating.

A few days ago I decided to venture back to red meat again and quit eating the fish. I feel better and my weight has gone back down. My bowel movements are easier again too. 

But I have made some changes to try and prevent another flare-up. I have quit drinking seltzer water, since the gas in carbonation can cause problems. I am also not eating any visible fat nor adding any reserved fat to lean cuts. Instead I am eating lean cuts alongside fatty cuts such as sweetbreads, tongue, and short ribs.

I also made an appointment with a cardiologist just to confirm everything is ok, since I have fainted three times in less than a year and I have one of the mutations for Brugada syndrome, a disease in which the heart stops.

I have tried to make an appointment with a gastroenterologist, but they need a referral and I do not have a primary care physician. So much for that. Edited to add: I was able to make an appointment,but it is a few months off.

Wish me luck!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts