Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Wonderful Ruminant Meat, Plastic-free and Chemical-free Living

I have really been enjoying the beef organ meats lately. I have been cooking up beef sweetbreads, tendon (and aspic from the cooking water), heart, kidney, liver, marrow, and also tongue and short ribs. All very affordable cuts and so wonderfully succulent! Much more interesting than muscle meat.

I have my next cardiology appointment on Wednesday. I hope that the exercise stress test provokes the Brugada ECG pattern. That would confirm it. I do have the gene mutation. That would explain my fainting episodes.

Also, I have the gene mutation for familial hypercholesterolemia. My LDL is always very, very high. But knock on wood, my CT and trivascular scans are all very good. So perhaps it doesn't come to anything.

Hoping to try and retrieve my deceased mother's DNA, to see if it was her side that has the Brugada. That would explain my half sister's arrhythmia as well. I am pretty sure the familial hypercholesterolemia comes from my father's side, since he and my half brother on that side also have high LDL. Hopefully some answers soon!

In other news, I am still doing my best to avoid chemicals and plastic. Still using diluted vinegar to wash my hair, it works better than any shampoo! I have let my hair go naturally salt and pepper. I have been caring for it gently with a sandalwood comb and horn comb, and wearing a silk scarf around it at night. I am really pleased!

I also use diluted vinegar to wash my dishes. I use baking soda to brush my teeth. I use unscented handmade goat milk soap bars for my body and hands. I use washing soda or vinegar, and sodium percarbonate for laundry. I use the percarbonate for bathroom and sink cleaning. I use pure lanolin for lotion. I use reusable cloth menstrual pads. I use hydrogen peroxide for sanitizing.

Some things left that I haven't been able to phase out are: plastic cotton swabs, plastic garbage bags, plastic that my local meats come in, contact lens solution, and nylon dental floss. Just can't seem to find suitable replacements yet!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts