Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Eating Enough Fat!

Zero Carb Keto

Eating Enough Fat!

I am running low on mutton, which is naturally at a perfect ketogenic ratio of approximately 70% fat / 30% protein, and as I explained in my previous post, an ideal food for many reasons! 

Still trying to maintain a plastic-free, zero-waste mission, I returned to the canned grassfed beef that I have. But it is much leaner, in fact just 45% fat / 55% protein. And I noticed two important things!

One, I got much hungrier. So hungry in fact, I had to have a second lunch at Arby's, where their plain roast beef with no bun is just beef and salt and at 50% / 50% fat / protein. 

Then last night I had foot cramps again, which I have had before after eating too-lean meats or fish.

So I think that keeping to roughly 70% / 30% fat/protein is really important for me!

I have ordered more canned tushonka mutton and it should arrive tomorrow. Until then, I have two more cans of corned mutton. And if need be, I could try adding coconut oil to the grassfed beef to get it to the right fat ratio.

Waking at 1:30am to excruciating foot cramps is no fun! Fat is really important!


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts