Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Plastic Free Carnivore

Zero Carb Keto

Plastic Free Carnivore

After just a few weeks off, I have to decided to go back to being plastic-free. I just could not deal with all the plastic waste I was producing! 

Mostly I had already kept all of the plastic-free changes I had made, such as using The Keeper 100% natural rubber menstrual cup; eyeglasses instead of contact lenses (and I'm planning on trying another pair of natural horn eyeglass frames!); diluted washing soda instead of shampoo; locally made goat milk bar soap instead of hand and body wash; coconut oil that comes in a glass jar with metal lid and paper seal for hand, face and body lotion, foot balm, and deodorant; baking soda instead of toothpaste; toilet tissue and paper towels wrapped only in paper; diluted white vinegar or Bon Ami for household cleaning; all natural fiber clothes and linens. But I had temporarily gone back to meat wrapped in plastic!

However, in just a few weeks, I could not take the amount of plastic waste I was creating from the meat. So I am going to return to using canned grassfed beef and also the canned mutton meats that I had previously ordered. These all come in fully recyclable steel cans with recyclable paper labels. Whereas the plastic that meats come in is not recyclable at all! Even so-called recyclable plastics are not really ever recycled either. Some are downcycled, which even then still usually requires the addition of newly made plastic, and most others are not even downcycled and just end up littering the earth or being incinerated.

It just feels right to me to make this change back to living totally plastic-free. That way I am producing no garbage at all! That is a really good feeling. Plus, my body is so much happier too, with these more gentle toiletry products. I feel that I am doing my part to tread gently on the earth by living plastic-free and zero waste, walking and taking mass transit or carpooling, and eating only 100% grassfed ruminant meat, which helps replenish the earth's topsoil and re-establish environmental diversity!


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts