Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Zero Carb Keto: Too Much of a Good Thing

Zero Carb Keto

Too Much of a Good Thing

I have been suffering with some colitis or gastroenteritis lately. I have been trying to figure it out. I have suffered with gut issues all my life, but I thought I had beat it with the zero carb / carnivore diet!

However, I keep a daily food journal, and that has helped me track down what could be the problem!

It seems that I may have developed a shellfish and egg intolerance. Most of my recent flare-ups seem to be related to having eaten shellfish and egg that day or previous day. This is too bad because I really like both, and will make it harder to find options when out and about!

Some other times I have had colitis flare-ups, it has been from eating too much liver or fat in one day, which makes sense. Those can both be "too much of a good thing," being extremely high in vitamin A which can be toxic in high quantities. And too much fat in one sitting can just be too much for the body to handle.

Another gut-destroyer for me is dairy, including heavy cream. Even butter and ghee start to cause issues for me over time, and really terribly aggravate my keratosis pilaris (bumpy skin). And that is even with A2 casein, raw milk fresh from the local farmer, or goat milk.

And of course, I realized pretty fast that plant foods just do not work for my gut at all. Far too many inherent toxins: fibrous matter, lectins, tannins, alkaloids, poisonous proteins, oxalates, anti-vitamins, glycosides, salicylates.

It always comes to do just red meat and water working best for me. That's what I found 9 years ago, when I was first experimenting with zero carb. Beef and lamb, pure water, maybe a little sea salt (not Himalayan salt), that is really what I need!


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts