Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Fatty Lamb Jerky

I have to confess,  I am a jerky addict. I don't know if other people are like this, but I have always been crazy over jerky, even as a child. And now that I can make it myself, and have a nice stock of lamb roasts and a good slicing knife, there's nothing stopping me! I have been making jerky every single day this week. I don't salt it or season it at all. Just slice it thin and put it in the dehydrator for 12 hours. Then I store it in the freezer for extra crispiness.

Yesterday I had an all-day meeting and so I brought my jerky to eat at lunchtime. So great! Perfectly shelf stable and such a wonderful meal. I leave the fat on the meat, so it is very satiating too!

I only have about a week's left of lamb roasts though. I had gotten two beef hearts, so that works too. Not as fatty though. Then I need to figure out what else to do!

I have decided against any more seafood. Not only because of the mercury issue, but because I have read that most seafood, especially that served in sushi places and restaurants, is fraudulently labelled. I don't like that at all! I want to know the farmer who is raising the animals that I am eating, and see the farm myself. So I will continue purchasing directly from my local sheep and cattle ranchers!

##


Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts