Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Jerky Has More Calories than Meat!

So I have admitted that jerky is my ultimate weakness. I have been pretty much eating it exclusively this month. I have made simple unsalted beef heart jerky, lamb roast jerky, beef brisket jerky, and beef chuck roast jerky. It is all delicious and wonderful! But, unfortunately, I have gained a few pounds!

I think the problem is that jerky has more calories that the equivalent amount of non-dried product. Which makes sense, since it is more concentrated. So I need to eat less of it (that is hard, because it is sooo darn good!).

Also, I was stuck trying to figure out what to enter in Cronometer, the nutrition tracking software that I use. I had been entering beef heart, or brisket, or whichever cut I had made the jerky out of, but it is more concentrated than that. So I am for now going to use the entry for "Zapata Dried Beef" which is a basic salted beef jerky. Hopefully that gets me a little closer, although my jerky still has fat on it too. So that entry is still lower in calories than mine actually is. I might need to add an estimate of the fat and enter that as well!

So I'll try being more careful of calories this coming week and see if I can get back down to my ideal weight again!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts