Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Homemade Jerky Is My Weakness

OK, I seriously have an addiction. I have zero self control when it comes to my homemade jerky. I just cannot stop myself from eating it all in one day!

I only have 6 lamb roasts left. I am embarrassed to say I have been making a roast a day into jerky and devouring it!

I have gained a couple of pounds...also embarrassing. But, it is just so darn good. And easy. And so great for my digestion!

I also picked up two big beef hearts. I used half of one to make jerky last night. Heart jerky is easier to slice than roast, since the muscle is denser. The slices come out nice and thin and crispy! But the lamb roasts are great too because there is some fat on them. Oh lordy...so good.

I do not season or salt the slices at all. They are packed with plenty of flavor on their own! And when I store them in the freezer, they are so wonderfully crispy, it is just way too addictive.

So it looks like I have about one week's worth left of jerky-making happiness. Then I have to figure out what to get next!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts