Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: All Manner of Meat Into Jerky!

I will confess, I am a jerky addict. I love it. It is so good, and so easy. I have been experimenting with various cuts, and so far ALL cuts have worked out great for making jerky!

I just make a very simple, unsalted/unseasoned jerky. I have successfully used all of these cuts so far:
1) lamb roasts
2) lamb heart
3) beef heart
4) beef chuck roast
5) beef brisket

Can you believe it? On some of the fattier cuts, I do need to trim some of the fat (damn shame!) because otherwise it melts and gunks up the bottom tray of the dehydrator. But I keep some of the fat on the slices and that is nice.

I have been storing the jerky in the freezer for extra crispiness. I am a fool for crispiness!

The hearts are really nice for making jerky since the meat is denser and easier to slice thinly. But I have found that if I leave the roasts and brisket just a touch frozen, they are easier to slice as well. And I need to make sure my nice Victorinox slicing knife is good and sharp. Then it only takes about 5-10 minutes to slice it all up and load up the dehydrator. I normally do about 12 hours in the dehydrator.

It has been especially helpful because jerky works so well for travelling!

In other news, I wanted to mention I had another visit to the infrared sauna. I tried a new place that opened in my own town. It was great! Feels so good on a chilly or rainy day. Highly recommended! Most of them fit two people, so you can often get a better price if you split it with a friend! It's a nice social activity instead of eating out.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts