Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivore: Grassfed and Wild Meats; Living Chemical Free

Knock on wood, I think I turned around my hypothyroidism by coming back to around 50/50 fat/protein calorie intake. I had gotten the hypothyroidism from eating too lean, like around 20/80.

I still have to be careful of eating too much fat. That causes painful intestinal cramping for me with my Crohn's. I had a bout yesterday, unfortunately. It was either from eating a little fat on a lamb steak, or too many chicken eggs. I think it might be the chicken eggs. I had developed an intolerance to them last year, which I thought I was over now. But maybe not.

I was thinking about poultry, eggs, and pork, and the unhealthy omega 6 days in them. Even locally raised pork and poultry who have pastures, still are fed corn and soy. That is unhealthy all around: for them, me, and the environment.

I was watching birds outside my window yesterday, eating grubs and worms. I think a lot of birds are mostly carnivores, given the choice. And pigs naturally root for tubers, it is totally unnatural for them to eat soy or corn, or whey, for that matter.

I was thinking I might order some more truly wild boar and antelope, which are field harvested. They are lean though. But it is nice to have some variety from lamb. I can save my fat from cooking lamb to eat with those lean wild cuts.

In other news, I have been using diluted white vinegar as shampoo for about a month now. It is working really nicely for me! My hair looks and feels healthier than ever. I also stopped using henna to dye my hair about three months ago. I am concerned about the naturally occurring phenols, which can contribute to my vitiligo (patches of white skin). Instead I tried going without for a while, but my white hairs are so patchy that it looks odd. So instead I am back to using natural mineral ochre. I kind of just paint it on. I purchased it from an online art supply store. They have various colors from minerals or charred bone and vines. I picked out a Sienna which seems very close to my natural color. I really like it and it is actually way easier than henna or hair dye.

I also stopped using any deodorant. I had been using coconut oil, but I have found that I don't even need that if I wear good all natural wicking fibers such as silk and merino wool. We had some really hot days, and I don't have air conditioning, but I stayed comfortable.

It feels good to be chemical free. I also stopped wearing contact lenses. That was my last chemical I was using. I have been using all natural locally made goat milk soap for body and hands, and lanolin for occasionally dry skin. Baking soda for toothpaste, with my dentist's blessing for over 10 years. I even have been using diluted vinegar for washing dishes instead of dish soap, it works great. I am still using a commercially made "natural" laundry detergent for my few machine washable items, that has two chemicals in it (C12-16 Pareth-9, C10-14 Alcohol Ethoxylate). Otherwise it is just mineral salts like washing soda. When I hand wash clothes, I often just use diluted vinegar or soap. Maybe I should try that in the washing machine too instead of the commercial stuff.

I went out and looked at land to do my sheep ranch, but I think the additional costs add up too much. But I have another plan, not for raising animals, but to escape the rat race, hopefully! And get away from all the chemicals everywhere. I am really sensitive to them and they are so prevalent here. Everyone uses a lot of chemicals on their bodies.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts