Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Back in Lamb

I picked up my two whole lamb shares from the processor yesterday. Came to 75 lbs of finished meat, which fits in a regular refrigerator freezer as long as nothing else is in there. Including the processing fee, it came to $6/lb. For locally raised, 100% grassfed lamb. Very economical!

Lamb/mutton is a perfect meat because the cuts (besides the organ meats) are all naturally within a ketogenic ratio of fat to protein, unlike beef, where only a few of the cuts are. So no added fat is ever needed for lamb, saving money there too!

Grassfed lamb and mutton are good for the environment, requiring less land than cows, sequestering carbon, allowing for a healthy fertilized soil and diverse biome.

Plus lamb/mutton is a very healthy and easily digested meat. When 100% grassfed, the nickname is "land salmon" since it has a high omega 3 fatty acids content. And being naturally a little fattier than beef means it is so much more succulent! Excellent for the slow cooker, even in little single serving amounts. 

I have been requesting the processor just cut roasts, steaks, and cubes. I don't like ground meat. For one, I tend to get headaches from calcium and ground meats always end up with some bone content. Plus ground is just not as succulent as cubes, steaks, or roast in the slow cooker!

In mid December, I have an adult ram going to the processor. I have eaten adult ewe, which had an amazing flavor. But not tried ram yet. I am interested to try it!

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts