Skip to main content

Featured

Question and Answer Page!

I thought it might be nice to set up a Question and Answer page for people that might have questions, comments, or support regarding following a zero carb keto diet! Note that I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice, just my own personal opinion! And of course, please keep comments respectful and civil! To participate, please click "Enter Your Comment" under the Comments area below on this page. Then I will get a notification and can reply to you! You will be given an option to receive notification by email of any followup replies to your comment. Thank you for reading! Grassfed lamb ribs with sea salt

Keto Carnivory: Cooking Methods and Fat

I have really been so happy with my little 1.5 quart, one-serving crock pot. Now I never have to eat leftovers! I just put one serving in the pot, and in 5 hours or so on low, it is ready to eat. Or just two hours on high, if I'm in a hurry! Plus it is much more wieldy in terms of cleaning. My 6 quart crock pot is really big!

One thing I have noticed too which has been helpful to me about my crock pot is that it cooks the fat out of fatty cuts. For example, I had some fatty ground lamb, which when I cooked it in the skillet, I ended up getting intestinal cramping and diarrhea because it was too high fat. I am really sensitive to that. But when I cook the same ground lamb patty in the crock pot, the fat cooks out and I can digest it just fine.Very interesting!

Also when I cook lamb roasts in the crock pot, I can easily just trim away the visible fat and digest the meat. That works really well for me. Not so lean as beef, but not too fatty for my gut either! It strikes that perfect balance for me in between, which seems to be around 50/50 fat/protein by calorie.

##

Comments

Would you try (or do you already follow) a zero carb keto diet?

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts